What is Mindfulness?
Can Mindfulness Make a Positive Impact on my Life and Life Choices?
Current trends, practices, and understandings were born from Hinduism and Buddhism concepts. Kudos specifically are given to expert Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, a native of New York. He introduced the Western Culture of mindfulness by developing the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. MBSR promotes the best of Kabat-Zinn’s research and experience by teaching stress reduction, relaxation, and mindful meditation to be used daily and by all.
What are the benefits of being mindful?
With science and psychology from the West accompanying meditation teachings and Zen practices from the East, this mindfulness phenomenon became a haven for many in the US. Plenty of us learn deep breathing techniques, attend yoga and meditation classes, and work in therapy with cognitive-based approaches. But why are we doing this?
Benefits of mindfulness for your physical body
- Brain and body connection, meaning they are aware of one another
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce chronic pain
- Decrease GI issues
- Improve overall sleep
- Decrease stress in the body
- Strengthens working memory
Benefits of mindfulness for your emotional and mental brain
- Increase in self-awareness, learning, and knowing you and how you operate
- Increase in social awareness, meaning outside of you
- Increase in self-love, esteem, confidence
- Increase in emotion regulation, ability to use coping skills
- Decrease stress in the thoughts and emotions
- Reduction in rumination and anxious thoughts
- Ability to pause, meaning to think before deciding and speaking
- Increase in compassion, empathy, and overall humanity
- Increases prevention for depression and anxiety
- Better personal quality of life
- Decrease in emotional stress and fear
- Increase in life satisfaction, including work, relationships, etc
Choose to live a life being mindful.
If you want true peace and calm in your life, being and practicing mindfulness is a key to that contentment and control within yourself.
Is this resonating with you?
Would you like to explore, understand, and learn how to practice mindfulness?
The professionals at The Sassy Shrink know that without the proper training and tools, being mindful is tough! We appreciate the benefits of mindfulness and can report that it not only gets more manageable, it becomes the norm. You are in the prime of your life and potentially missing it as you spend time in your thoughts, neglectful of your body, and paralyzed by the past or future. Let us prove why mindfulness is more than just the latest trend. Call us now at The Sassy Shrink to join forces with our team and get started building the life you want.
Click here to schedule your appointment with the right Sassy Shrink for you.
We’re ready to help you be your best self in every aspect of your life! You can trust The Sassy Shrink to dig in gently, listen to your fears, and show you how to live life more fully, more authentically, and more fulfilled.